Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back At School

Woah...it's only Wednesday and already so much has happened! Firstly, we got back after our week-long midterm break..
On Monday we had Mini-Company. Our competition is tomorrow so it's all go. We had a very interesting class trying to battle against display boards...thankfully our group are getting one of the easily-assembled ones tomorrow but there are four boards that will prove difficult for whoever gets them...
I can't wait for the competition tomorrow. We're collecting our posters this evening (by we I mean Emma & Michelle), we have our project book ready and our prototypes are painted and looking sooo cute. I have to fix up the name-tags for everyone. I should be fun and fingers crossed we'll get through to the next round...
Yesterday we did soccer in P.E. I was the goalie which wasn't a good idea because I tended to flinch when the ball came my way...and I let in three goals...but it's all in the effort! :L
The Wesley College Choir competition is on Friday so we were busy singing to our hearts' content yesterday and today in extra practises to be ready for Friday.
Also on Friday is our F1 in Schools competition. Our poster has been submitted and will be delivered to our school tomorrow morning. I just finished the portfolio and the PowerPoint and our car is being spray-painted this evening. It got pretty stressful there at one stage but thankfully, we're nearly ready to go!
Next week we're on work experience. I'm going to the court's service in Dublin. It should be interesting!
I'll write tomorrow about the competition...we've a half too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment