Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Work Experience Day 3

I'm a bit behind in my posts about work experience due to a lack of spare time, so even though it's Thursday, I'm going to write about yesterday.
I knew I had to be in early yesterday (9.30 instead of 10) because I was going on a tour around the courts with a school from Ballymun at half nine, so I was getting an earlier bus than usuual. Unfortunately, I have bad luck when it comes to buses and when I came around the corner out of my estate the bus was already after leaving the busstop and was stopped at the traffic lights! I ran up to the door and luckily the driver let me on (just a quick note: I was on time, the bus was just early). I was really happy when I got into Dubin because I only got off one stop early this time...I'm getting better!
I went through security and then waited on the school to arrive. We went around with a barrister named Carl. We went into one of the court rooms and had a mock trial...some people got to try on the barristers' gowns!
After that I went to see a real trial...it was a very interesting case beacause it was a famous murder trial. I stayed there until the court was adjourned at 13.00 and then I went home (I had a half day!).
It was very interesting to see a proper big case like that..I'll write about today, tomorrow (I'm tired now.. :L)
Working is hard...I think I'm just gonna retire after secondary school..I now know why my mam and dad are complaining by the end of the week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment