Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

New Design!!

As part of Challenge 1 for the blogger challenge we were asked to change the theme of our blog...so I went for Shamrocks because they're kinda apt in light of what season it is...in Ireland at the moment we're busy getting ready for St. Patrick's day next Thursday 17th March 2011. I can't wait! I don't know if I'm going to a parade yet...I might just watch the Dublin one on TV...but the atmosphere is always great on the day..and the higlights are brill on RTE News that evening! St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland so it's a big deal...parades not only occur all over Ireland, but all around the world too! I'd love to go to the New York one someday... :) Oooo..update: just figured out how to change the font and stuff...I really like my new blog "makeover"...pretty awsum!

7 comments:

  1. Aisling,
    Love the St Patrick's Day theme. I have one convict relative from Ireland who was sent to Australia back in the 1840's. She was tried in court in Donegal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! I don't live near Donegal but I've been there a few times on holidays and its a lovely county...their accents are really lovely :) Have you ever been to Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a convict from Donegal? My family are from Donegal....I wonder where Miss W's relatives were from?

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Donegal...I've just decided I'm gonna move there when I'm older...I'll learn how to surf and live in Bundoran! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually coming to Ireland in September/October this year as part of my long service leave. Want to go to Donegal to see what it was like for my relative Rebecca Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tasteach, you will love Donegal. My favourite place there is a beach called Rossnowlagh.

    You will be very welcome to visit our school and talk to my students when you are in Ireland.....you could encourage them all to blog!

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete