Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Part 1: Lá Glas

Yesterday was Lá Glas in our school...everyone dressed up in green ( well most people anyway) to celebrate St. Patrick's Day (which is today). I'm only blogging about it now because I spent ages making a video thing of photos and a few clips of the day.


My year started late (10.40am) because we had gotten back so late the night before after the drama show in Glasnevin. When I arrived in school just after break, everywhere I looked there was green! Each year had a theme to go by and loads of people dressed up according to their theme. First years were Irish dancers, second years were mythical creatures, third years were soldiers, us TY's were Aer Lingus, fifth years were the Irish rugby team and sixth years were St. Patrick.


At lunch time, everone crowded out to the courtyard for a parade and a céilí. A few representatives from each year (the best in each class) walked around the courtyard and the best from each year won an easter egg. Our year, however, did it differently (!). Leah came up with a plan and helped us to put it together...we were all dressed up as tourists, air hostesses, air traffic control and (of course) pilots. Leah had put together a CD with sound affects and music to go with a skit. Firstly, a voice called out for people on a certain flight to go to their gate, and we all got up and started walking around the courtyard. Then a siren came on and we all screamed and jumped to the ground...Leah (who was the villain) came into the courtyard and "kidnapped" our three pilots - Ruth, Chloe and Ms L! Then we all turned around as the Batman theme came on and "Batman" & "Robin" (Niamh P & Davina) ran into the courtyard to save us. It was really funny and everyone seemed to enjoy it...well done Leah!


Our year won eight easter eggs to share bewtween us for our skit and in maths (after lunch) both classes got four each...we certainly enjoyed them in Ms. L's maths class!


I took loads of pictures throughout the day and a few clips of some girls doing Irish dancing on their own at lunch at the céilí so it's in the post entitled "Lá Glas Photos"... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment