Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holy Faith Drama..

Our school was once upon a time a Holy Faith school...the Holy Faith sisters set it up in the 1950's and up until 1999/2000 it was a Holy Faith convent. Margaret Aylward was the woman who founded the Holy Faith sisters nearly 200 years ago and this year is the bi-centenary of her birth, so we were asked (along with 3 other schools to perform a drama based on what she would do for tady's society were she still alive). Our plays were the ones we used for the Briery Gap drama competition earlier in the year (mine's about drink-driving). We arrived in Glasnevin at around 11am and didn't leave till late but we had a great day...we practised twice and then we were given pizza from the Holy Faith sisters (Dominoes..yum!). The show started at 8pm and the audience was pretty big! I didn't really get nervous...I'm so used to doing the play by now. Anyway, I really enjoyed it! The other schools were all very good too...their themes were similar to ours. It was very late by the time we back to the petrol station on the bus...half ten! I was so tired by then...I fell into bed when I got home! Thanks to Ms. G., Ms B., Ms C & Sr. S., as well as Ian and Glen from Celbridge Youth Drama for all their help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment