Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Work Experience Day 4

So today I'll write about yesterday and today. Yesterday was a really good day...I was on time for the bus (and therefore didn't miss it/nearly miss it) and I got off at the right busstop (very proud moment for me..) :L I did more filing and putting sheets in alphabetical order. After lunch the other girl doing work experience in the criminal courts came down and I showed her how to do the filing...she had nothing to do in her office so she came to help me out.
Putting bundles of files in alphabetical order was NOT fun! Each pile was about 30cm deep and they all started with the same letter! I have some advice for anyone who will be doing work experience or just working in an office in general; learn youur alphabet. Everyone thinks they know it...but wait until you have one hundred different second names all beginning with con...then you'll know all about it! I had a post-it note stuck on the partition between my desk and the desk infront of me with the alphabet written on it! :L I had fun though...the ladies who work around me are all so nice and very very funny!!!
I got the bus home without missing it too...overall, it was a very good day! Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment