Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waris Dirie Movie & Slideshow

After reading some of the autobiography from the world-famous model, we got to watch the movie based on her story. WOW!...it was sad, but really amazing to see what she did with her life and especially how she raised global awareness on such a horrific issue in the world today. A mini project we did was to make a story-board on her life so here's the one Hayley, Michelle & I did...

4 comments:

  1. G’day Aisling,
    Thanks for joining the March 2011 student blogging challenge. So you can contact other students and look at their blogs, make sure you keep referring to this page on the challenge blog.

    Also each week starting in March, check out the student challenge blog for the different activities to do - look at 'Latest challenge posts' under the map on the right sidebar.

    As many students who might visit your blog don't have Google accounts, it might be useful to have Name/URL as an option when they try to leave a comment.

    Miss W. http://sormid67.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Aisling, Hayley and Michelle. Can I show it in class?

    Well done on entering the Student Blogging Challenge also.

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aisling, to enable Name/URL as an option for comments you will need to change the Comments settings to Anyone.
    Dashboard/Settings/Comments/select Anyone can comment.

    Good luck with the challenge.
    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete