Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

F1 in Schools

So far, team Éalu (me, Kate, Michelle, Hayley, Mia & Sarah) have been pretty busy with our Formula 1 in schools project. We've nearly finished designing our car using SolidWorks and we'll be sending the designs, along with our block of Balsa wood down to Cork, where it will be manufactured, next week.
On Monday, Roisín (from the other group, team Swift) and I went to KFM studios in Naas and did an interview about F1 and about TY. It was really cool to be inside a radio studio and to see how everything worked...although it was a tad embarassing being on the radio!!
We stay back on Thursdays after school so Mr. Walsh can help us with our projects and to get a bit more work done. We have a Twitter account now and a Facebook page. At the moment, we're busy looking for sponsorship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment