Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Croke Park

Today we're going to the GAA museum at Croke Park as part of history. We're leaving next class. I'll write more about it when I get back...I really hope there's a shop there 'cause I'm hungry for chocolate,,,or crisps...mmmmm.... :)
Well we went to the GAA museum yesterday and I had such a good day!!! I admit I never had any interest in the GAA etc (awful, I know!), but after yesterday, I have developed a want to go see a match all of a sudden!!
First of all we went into a room and saw a movie for about twenty minutes about the All-Ireland hurling and football finals 2009 and all the preparation that goes into having a match there. It was so intersting!
Then we went on a tour of the whole stadium. We got to see the changing rooms, the players' loungs (its a VIP room - we were lucky to get to see it), the pitch, the stands and a corporate box. Our tour guide (I can't remember his name :/) told us the prices for a corprate box and to rent a seat for 10 years...I must say, you'd want to have a money tree growing in your back garden!! In the canging rooms there were jerseys from every county in Ireland and even some GAA clubs abroad in London and New York!!! It's so cool to know that people all over the world play our national sport!
The pitch was immaculate - there were two men cutting it with normal lawnmowers - the pitch is the size of three soccer pitches!!!! They can't use ride-on mowers coz they might ruin the grass!!!
We also got to see some of the cups including the origianl Sam McGuire cup.
In the museum there were games to test how high you can jump, your aim, your balance and other stuff like that. I found out that; I can't jump high, my balance is appaling, and I couldn't hit a target if I was paid! :) Oh well!
We got to go for lunch in the cafe there if we wanted...I got garlic bread and Hayley and I shared a chocolate bar... :D
It was a really enjoyable day and I learned loads about the GAA and Croke Park. When I went home I asked my mum can we go to a match sometime soon and she said yeah!!!
Thanks to Ms. McG and Ms. McH for organising it and bringing us! :)
PS...I'll try and upload some pictures soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment