Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

English Writing Workshop

Today a writer called Oisín McGann came in and talked to us about writing. He has written a few books and illustrates them himself. It was really interesting and very funny! He told us that he has three notebooks; one in his pocket, one by his bed and one by his chair at home where he writes down any ideas that pop into his head to keep them for future use.
At the end he drew a picture of one of the characters froma book of his and gave it to us for the school...it was soooo good!!!
He also gave us some good advice about writing...he told us that every story should have a distinctive beginning, middle & end, and that there should be a climax, something to overcome, and a way to overcome it!
You can check out his website here; http://www.oisinmcgann.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment