Powered By Blogger

About My Blog

My photo
Ireland
Welcome to my blog! In my school (and many other schools in Ireland), fourth year - the year after our Junior Cert - is optional. It's a non-exam-based year but there's still plenty to do like projects in various subjects, work experience, competitions and trying out loads of new things! This year, a new idea was brought into TY; for each student to write a blog on their year...so this is my blog about my experience of TY. I started writing it in Spetember/October and it'll go up to the end of May when we get our Summer holidays and TY is over... If you're thinking of doing TY or if you just want to know more make sure you send me questions and I'll try my best to answer! Enjoy reading it!!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Water!!!

water..omg what would we do without it?? its a well-known fact that without water, you'll die in three days..water keeps us alive, but it can also be the death of us..only 2.5% of water is fresh, the rest is saltwater, and in 60% of European cities with over 100,000 people living there, the water is being used up far quicker than it can be replenished. Every single person needs between 20 and fifty litres of water a day to ensure their basic needs are being met..but all around the world people are being denied that..one in six people worldwide dont have access to fresh water. Please please please help to conserve water and next time you flush the toilet, have a shower or turn on the tap, think of all those people who cannot do this!!

1 comment: